Sunday, October 08, 2006

My Shiny Teeth and Me...

So, over the past few weeks, I've been to the dentist twice. I've been putting off fillings, and for some reason lately, I've decided I should get this done now rather than later.

Anyway, I had my exisiting fillings removed and replaced with white plastic composite, also called "invisible fillings." I had the left side done a couple weeks ago, and I had the right side done last Thursday.

Now, here's the really wacky part - my mouth felt fine before I got the new fillings. One of the old fillings had partially fallen out, and there was new decay around them all (they were all put in when I was 17.) But, I was never in any pain. None of them hurt, and I could chew just fine. Now, since I got the new fillings, my mouth is super-sensitive to heat and cold, and it still hurts to chew on the right side.

I really have my doubts about modern dentistry. Most of it seems way overkill. It's like polishing a car so much that the paint comes off, ya know? Over the years, I have almost completely ignored my teeth, and I don't suffer from gum disease, I have no new cavities, and I only have 4 fillings total (2 on the left, and 2 on the right.) This is with almost NO dental visits, just irregular brushing and flossing.

Anyway, if this pain doesn't start to subside soon, I'm gonna hire Steve Martin to go put the hurt on my dentist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home